From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:10:31 -0400
Hi Colin.

I couldn't resist commenting on a couple of points in your post.  First,
even though a cheaper alternative, I would like to speak up about what a
nice radio the Icom IC-T2H is.  My sister has one, and I have taken the
time to check it out and found it to be a thoroughly decent little radio
both from a receiver performance standpoint and from the standpoint of
sounding good on the air.  Darla is also blind, and she functions quite
nicely with it.

On the point about 7 watts versus 5 watts, I would like to comment that
here in New York State, it does in deed make a big difference.  You see,
for about 7 months out of the year, it is abominably cold up here, and that
7 watts will make a nice little hot spot on your belt!

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]