From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2008 00:09:32 -0600
jaws has a language detection feature built in that will automatically
switch the synthesiser to the language the document is written in.
In this case, jaws detected that there were some german words and it
automatically switched.
If your trying to read a manual of some sort, sometimes they'll have both
languages on the same page.  If you don't want to hear german spoken,   you
can turn language detection off by pressing insert V for verbosity settings
from within the document window.
GO down the list and turn language detection off by pressing the space bar.
Now jaws won't speak german, but the german portion of the document will be
pretty garbled sounding if jaws tries to read it  in english.
73
Colin, V A6BKX