From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 May 2008 07:42:27 -0400
I think I'll hang on to it. But, without an internal speaker anymore,
there's got to be a speaker mic attached permanently, and with a radio that
size, it's not overly convenient, especially where I keep the thing in my
pocket most of the time when I'm out and about. I'll probably just buy
another one when I can and use the ICT90A until then though I really don't
like the T90A near as much. Not that it's a bad radio, I just don't like it
as much. It makes a better scanner than a radio I'd talk on regularly though
the T90A I have now seems not to have the problem most of them did of only
putting out 5 watts for the first 10 minutes or so after a charge then
dropping to 3.5, my current one, which replaces the first one, only drops to
4.5 after a bit of use.
lol Even back in my CB days I never did have an HT that lasted a real long
time though my FT-51 I hardly ever use is about 10 years old, and been in
the shop twice, and my TH-F6A is 7 years old before it's problem so I guess
things are getting better. I suppose, the way things have been going I
haven't used them near as much as I used to though