From:
Gary Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 27 May 2008 15:08:55 -0400
Power or most other variable selections such as noise reduction level, mic gain, etc. are not spoken.  However, adjustment is done with the multi-ch knob.  This control is detented, and kenwood provides a beep at either end of the range.  Turn until you get the beep, then count clicks.  Not too dificult.
My only complaints are:
1. some of the switch selectable items do not use high/low beeps to indicate their state.
2. I found the front end to be a bit broad on the hf bands; this allowed nearby stations to pump the agc and desense the receiver.  Inrad has a narrow hf roofing filter to take care of this, but I didn't get around to getting it installed before I sold my 2000.
All in all, a good accessible rig.