From:
Keith Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2008 21:48:38 +0100
Hi,

I would not suggest you mis-tune the pa stage to obtain low output.

Does the radio have an alc facility, normally used to reduce the output for
driving a linear.

Normally this works by applying a voltage to a socket which reduces the
output of the predriver stage.

All you need then is to determine what voltage is required for 10 watts.  If
you run with the pa off tune, you will shorten the life of the valves.