From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2008 10:30:07 -0600
hey Shaun:
I did research these last year.
The E H antenna looks like a fairly interesting idea.  I have no doubt that
it does perform as stated.
I think it would be fairly easy for a blind person who is mechanically and
electronically enclined to build.
Of course the problem is, as with most antenna designs online, that much of
the building steps are diagrams and pictures and not written out in plain
language.

The theory behind the E H antenna design is still a bit hard for me to
understand, but even so, I do respect the claims of those who have used it
and who designed it.  Just because one doesn't understand the theory,
doesn't mean that the thing doesn't work.

One must also realize that this antenna is not some miricle antenna that
will out perform a mono-band dipole or larger vertical.
It will perform up to nearly the same performance as a dipole, and it is
much more efficient then your typical vertical antenna.
 that is to say, that it transfers a much larger portion of the RF into the
air instead of into the ground as many vertical designs tend to do.
It is also a ground-plain free design and can be used either mobile or as a
stationary antenna.

For situations that require a suttle antenna, or stelth antenna, these E H
antennas are a good idea since a 20 meter version is only about 2 feet tall.
If you can find someone who would be willing to decode the diagrams and pics
and write out a comprehensive text version of how to build the thing with
measurements and formulas, I for one would be very appreciative since I've
wanted to try building one of these for a while.
73
Colin, V A6BKX