From:
Gary Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 21:07:07 -0400
Welll, Got the krc2 hooked up yesterday, and found the following.

The f1 switch reads the last three digits of the vfo a display.
f2 reads the entire vfo a display.
This works even within the menu structure.
However, none of the other functions, agc, enter frequency, etc. seem to
work.
This is not a major handicap however, as the k3 has many more dedicated
switches than the k2.

Haven't found a way to read the vfo b display yet.  This is a problem, as
the way the menus work is:

Menu selected is shown on vfo b,
choices within that menu are shown on vfo a.
Changing either is accomplished by turning the corresponding control.  Note,
they are not detented.

No word on the kdvr3 and its associated speech yet.
I'll let you folks all know as soon as I do, as I have one already ordered.

Haven't been able to update my firmware yet, as I have a problem with my usb
to serial adapter.
I went ahead and ordered the one sold by Elecraft, and will report on the k3
utility program as soon as that is all working.

73.