From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2008 16:00:34 -0600
its really not terribly complex to operate or program the TH F6A.
Once you get the hang of it, things are pretty straight forward.
Sit down with the radio in front of you and the manual and cheat sheets on
the computer and go through the functions you wish to perform on a regular
basis, and you'll find its pretty easy.
You won't find  a modern HT that is any simpler really to program and
operate.
They all have menu systems and multi-function buttons and combination keys
and so on.

If the price of the TH F6A is more then you want to pay for something you
seldom use, then look at the IC V8, IC T2H sport, the kenwood TH K2At or
even the Puxing px777plus from ebay....all are decent 2 meter HT's with
basically PTT and a volume control for the most part.

I haven't followed this thread so I'm not sure if the IC T90 has been
mentioned, but its probably the most accessible HT on the market right now.
The reason being that, though it is quite similar to the th f6fA in most of
its features and functions, barring the obvious difference in frequency
coverage, it has CW readout of the frequency.  This isn't a totally necesary
thing to have with keypad entry being standard, but it certainly allows for
a higher level of security and confidence while operating and frequency
searching.
73
Colin, V A6BKX