From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2008 22:10:25 -0500
John,

That approach may work for the TS-2000, but the TS-480 has only one PF key
on the front, which means you don't have many options.  For example, I'd
like to have one PF key to lock the tuning dial, and another to read the
S-meter.  Incidentally, locking the tuning dial is not the same as pressing
and holding the Menu key to turn Frequency Lock on.  With the main tuning
dial locked, you can still enter frequencies and/or memories directly from
the keyboard, whereas you can't do that when Frequency Lock is on.  I'd also
like a dedicated PF key for switching the transmitter on in Tune mode
without having to change from SSB to CW or RTTY.  These are only my personal
preferences, but I'm sure each of us can come up with a reason for wanting
all four PF keys in a box.

Steve