Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 14:38:09 -0400
On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, Sandra Alexander wrote:

>  Are most people on the Neanderthin diet on it for health reasons or for
> losing weight? I switched from
> Atkins three weeks ago.  First week I lost 3 lbs., second week I stayed the
> same, and this last week
> I slowly gained back 2 1/2 lbs.  My diet consisted of   eggs, meat, nuts and
> pemican and lots ( 1 gallon) of water. I was hoping for a better weight loss.
> I still have 75 pounds to lose. Can somebody please give me some helpful hints.

I am on NeanderThin for both reasons.  My weight loss has been
slow, but I seem to have added some muscle.  Although nobody adds
2.5 pounds of muscle in a week, it is possible that you have been
adding muscle steadily during the three weeks.  Are you checking
your waist/hip ratio too?

How long were you on Atkins, and how did you do on that diet?

I'm sorry that I don't have specific suggestions.  Weight loss is
a very mysterious process.  Art DeVany comments that the body
"reads" the food you eat according to your exercise patterns.
Since what you want is some growth hormone release to facilitate
muscle-building and fat loss, it might be a good idea to add some
*high intensity* resistance exercise to your program a few times
a week.  This tells your body that you are up to something
serious.  If that doesn't help (or you are already doing it) then
maybe you need to consider a different way of eating.  But I'd
give it a few more weeks before quitting.  I know that I hit a
plateau shortly after starting NeanderThin, but it ended after
three weeks or so.

Todd Moody