Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 1997 16:00:32 -0400
Is vinegar a forbidden fruit?  I'm thinking of cider or wine
vinegar, not malt or other grain-based vinegar.

This is parallel to the wine discussion, since vinegar is the end
product of that fermentation process.  There would be yeast
proteins in vinegar, but I can't imagine that to be problematic,
since yeast gets into everything.  Acetic acid might be alien to
the paleo digestive system, but it's not a protein at least.
Also, unlike wine, vinegar is typically consumed in minute
quantities.  I'm thinking of products such as salsa, in which
vinegar is a minor player.

It may or may not be relevant that there is a great deal of
folklore about the use of cider vinegar as a remedy for all sorts
of things, such as arthritis, hypertension, constipation, and who
knows what else.

Todd Moody