ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
john schwery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2008 09:06:47 -0400
There are actually, 30 books in this puzzle.  Anna and I found them
all.  Some of them are hidden pretty good.

A PUZZLE FOR YOUR PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS OR BIG BROTHERS AND SISTERS

There are 30 books of the Bible in this paragraph.  Can you find
them?  This is a most remarkable puzzle.  It was found by a gentleman
in an airplane seat pocket, on a flight from Los Angeles to Honolulu,
keeping him occupied for hours.  He enjoyed it so much, he passed it
on to some friends.  One friend from Illinois worked on this while
fishing from his john boat.  Another friend studied it while playing
his banjo.  Elaine Taylor, a columnist friend, was so intrigued by it
she mentioned it in her weekly newspaper column.  Another friend
judges the job of solving this puzzle so involving she brews a cup of
tea to help her nerves.  There will be some names that are really
easy to spot.  That's a fact.  Some people, however will soon find
themselves in a jam, especially since the book names are not
necessarily capitalized.  Truthfully, from answers we get, we are
forced to admit it usually takes a minister or a scholar to see some
of them at the worst.  Research has shown that some
thing in our genes is responsible for the difficulty we have in
seeing the books in this paragraph.  During recent fund raising
event, which featured this puzzle, the Alpha Delta Phi lemonade booth
set a new record.  The local paper, the Chronicle, surveyed over 200
patrons who reported that this puzzle was one of the most difficult
they had ever seen.  As Daniel Humana humbly puts it, "The books are
all right here in plain view hidden from sight."  Those able to find
all of them will hear great lamentations from those who have to be
shown.  One revelation that may help is that books like Timothy and
Samuel may occur without their numbers.  Also, keep in mind that
punctuation and spaces in the middle are normal.  A chipper attitude
will help you compete really well against those who claim to know the
answers.  Remember there is no need for a mad exodus; there really
are 30 books of the Bible lurking somewhere in this paragraph waiting
to be found.

John