ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2008 14:48:59 -0600
Unity Of The Spirit

Ephesians 4:1-3.

The presence of sin disrupts relationships, divides nations, and
separates us from God. In the life of the first human family, the
consequences of rebellion against God are clearly seen. The sin of
disobedience and disbelief hurt Adam and Eve's relationship with
their Creator, and caused them to live apart from Him.

Later, their son Cain became so angry, that he murdered his  brother,
Abel. This pattern of alienation from God, jealousy, hatred, and
violence continues today.

Despite humanity's rebellion, God provided a way to reconcile mankind
to Himself, and enable us to live at peace with each other. He sent
His Son Jesus to carry our sins and die in our place, thereby making
it possible for each of us to be reunited with Him.

When we accept His offer of salvation, we move from a state of
estrangement to permanent adoption as His children. (John 1:12; Ephesians 1:5).

At salvation, the Holy Spirit indwells us to guide, teach, and live
the  life of faith through our being. Thanks to the Spirit's
enablement, we experience unity with other members of God's family--a
unity expressed through the bond of peace. (Ephesians 4:3). This does
not mean uniformity, as we all have different personalities and
abilities. It does point to living in submission to the Father, and
displaying attitudes and behavior that will strengthen connections
with our spiritual family.

Have you answered God's call to be reconciled to Him? If not, cry out
to Jesus for forgiveness. If you are already a child of God, then
make living in unity with your fellow Christians a priority. (Romans 12:18).