C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2007 13:49:06 -0600
I've tried using the bowling ramps, but it's hard to get the necessary
velocity, and doesn't give a good "bowling experience," IMHO.

We've done activities at work I couldn't "conventionally" participate in,
and I thought of it as a leadership skill to say what I could do, and what
my potential limitations were.  I've worked in the disabilities field for 20
years, and my supervisors have always been supportive, but if we looked for
activities everyone could participate in "conventionally," there wouldn't be
many options available to us.  That said, people with disabilities need to
meet the world half way, even though it seems to contradict the GB Shaw
quote I've adopted as my sigline.

--

Kendall

depends on the unreasonable man.