C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2010 15:11:52 -0500
From:
Peter Hunsberger <[log in to unmask]>
On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Kendall D. Corbett
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Story about a guy who was misdiagnosed with CP.  For those of us with a
> "true" CP diagnosis, wonder if this medication could be helpful?  Since
> there aren't many of us still looking for a cure, wonder if it's been tried,
> or if it ever will be...  I've wondered about Parkinsonian similarities as
> I've gotten older.
>
> http://www.komonews.com/news/local/93047829.html
> --

If by "this medication" you are referring to drugs for Parkinson, then
yes.  My mother had Parkinson's Disease (a bit of a catch all
diagnosis, though not as bad as CP) and among other things took
Sinemet and Carbidopa to help treat the Parkinson's.  My daughter who
has a diagnosis of CP also takes these drugs.  They haven't made any
major changes in her life that we know of, but the lady who 1st
introduced us to such treatment as a possibility told us it had made
significant improvements for her son.

--
Peter Hunsberger