C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Linda Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2007 11:18:20 -1000
I knew about this Thomas Hanna method for a while. It is a take off
from Fedenkreis. Hanna trained with him. It is very
gentle.  Wondering if anyone has tried it. You can buy tapes and do
it yourself or have someone help you if that is impossible. Hanna is
one of those innovative geniuses who majored in philosophy and
unfortunately died as soon as he finished training the first group of
practitioners and they are carrying it on. It works for sciatica and
other things. I had a problem with that for a while.

http://www.hannasomatics.com/practitioners/index.php

So I am looking for a practitioner of Feldenkreis for Case and I
happen onto the above site and lo and behold there is a practitioner
right in our area. We live in a small place so this is amazing, North
Shore of Oahu. I call him up and he says have you heard of Aniat
Baniel and I say yes and so he has attended her trainings as well and
is very interested in helping CP kids. So the two modalities I think
will help Case the most are less than two miles from me. Well he is
on the mainland right now cause of a school break but he will be
back. And the practitioner thinks that he can help Case twice a week
for a month and then once a week for a month and then once every two
weeks. I'll keep you posted on any progress.