ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2008 22:49:06 -0500
The Prayer Of Faith

The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.--James 5:16.

A second important requirement if the believing church is to be used
in God's ministry is prayer, and the response God makes to our
prayers, uttered in true faith. ... No matter what our stature or
status, we have the authority in the family of God to pray the prayer of faith.

The prayer of faith engages the heart of God, meeting God's
conditions of spiritual life and victory. Our consideration of the
power and efficacy of prayer enters into the question of why we are
part of a Christian congregation, and what that congregation is
striving to be and do. We have to consider whether we are just going
around and around--like a religious merry-go-round. Are we simply
holding on to the painted mane of the painted horse, repeating a trip
of very insignificant circles to a pleasing musical accompaniment? ...

All of the advertising we can do will never equal the interest, and
participation in the things of God, resulting from the gracious
answers, to the prayers of faith, generated by the Holy Spirit.

"Lord, don't ever let me be satisfied holding on to the painted mane
of the painted horse. I want to be part of a dynamic Body of
believers, greatly used of You, because we're seeing answers to
genuine prayers of faith, generated by the Holy Spirit. Amen."