ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2008 16:53:10 -0600
Hi Phil!

I hope things are going well for you and yours.

Well, life has been just terrible!  As I was trying to move, the earth's
magnetic pole was so strong that my implant got sucked out of my head, along
with the processor, and I'm being spoiled rotten here!  And, to top it all
off, my dad went home to be with.........

Hahahahahahahahaha!

My implant is working so well now that I don't use a microphone anymore!  I
can't always hear what some people are saying, but then I'm not sure if the
microphone would help either.  It's so nice not to be burdened by the FM
system anymore!  However, I'll probably want one for big buildings, such as
church.  I also feel that I'm declining in ability with it, but maybe that's
because I'm getting used to it, and maybe not exercising it enough without
my hearing aid on the other side.  I've experienced before what appears to
be a decline in function of the system, but apparently I just get used to
it, and then I go for another sound mapping and get something a bit new to
try.  Jenaa told me my basic setup is pretty much stable, and she just makes
small changes.  My next mapping is April 16 at 1:00 p.m.  Please be there!
:)

Yes, Dad actually went home to be with........my mother at the farm!  He
still needs special equipment though.  He continues to be fed via the tube
in his stomach, sleeps in a hospital bed, still uses oxygen much of the time
except for the few times he goes outside.  He has the suction machine, but
he doesn't use it as often as before.  He's also being watched by Big
Brother, kind of like George Orwell's 1984!  A voice comes on in the
morning, in a box, instructing him to put on the instruments that monitor
what goes on in his body, and the air fills the cuff, etc.  He can choose
not to cooperate, of course, but isn't that a bit scary?
 I don't think he uses a walker anymore, but his voice is still pretty much
a whisper.  The doctor says that something, I'm not sure if it's the vocal
chord or the nerve, is way out at an angle, as I understand Judy to say.  He
can do outpatient surgery to correct this, but wants to wait until Dad's
lungs get stronger.  Sigh.  Isn't the waiting hard?

The people I live with here are great!  The other clients, both women, are
friendly and much easier to interact with than the other clients I've been
with before.  we go out on the weekends, like I've always wanted, and our
care providers, Virgil and Tabbitha, are more free to run errands with and
for us!  I once asked to stay home so I could get some business done, and
the only requirement they had was that I go with them to an appointment and
errands.  That's the day I got my email set up!

Please continue to pray with me though, because I'm having emotional
struggles with things related to the move.  Since God put me here, I want
Him to help me truly enjoy it!

Thanks much!

Sharon