ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2008 21:28:41 -0700
Kathy,

I was watching CBS network news a couple of three years ago, something I
never do any longer, when they interviewed a blind young man.  I would not
have believed this one if I hadn't heard it for myself.  The guy, when he
was 17 years of age, just two or three years prier to the TV interview, had
built a home made potato canon.  I have friends who build these and you can
shoot a raw potato about 100 feet into the air.  However, they can be a
little dangerous at times, especially if you are stupid.  Anyhow, this blind
kid built his potato cannon with his friends.  They loaded the barrel and
then dropped a live frog down into the shaft.  They lit it but nothing
happen so the blind kid looked down the barrel.  Boom.  God as my witness,
he admitted, he literally admitted on worldwide television news, he lost his
sight from a frog being blown into his face.  Forgive me but I still laugh
to this day when I think about it.  It is like the nut looking down the
barrel of his gun that didn't fire the first time.  Paul Harvey even told
that story last year.  Now tell the truth, Kathy.  If you lost your sight
because you blew a live frog into your face because you looked down the
barrel of a home made potato gun, would you ever tell anybody how it
happened?

Phil.