ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2008 10:21:08 -0500
Cecily,
How many hours a day to you spend studying?  Also, is their special
softwear for spell checking medical terms?  Sandy probably knows the
answer to that one.

When I was introduced to medical transcription in high school, we had
to write all the vocabulary on 3-5 cards and keep them in a file
box.  I'll bet that there is a better way now.  I'm dying to find out
what it is.

I'd better appologize for not taking this conversation off line, but
I get the sense that there are others on the list who are interested
in this topic.  That's why I've kept it public.  The reason that I'm
asking is, I'm wondering if medical transcription might be a viable
avenue for me to pursue so that Greg can get out of the post
office.  Unfortunattely, my degree is in education and I have
absolutely no desire to even  try to get back into that field.  I
hated teaching, even though it was special ed.  I was too blunt
speaking for some parents and I got too frustrated watching  how over
protective some of them could be.  Plus, when you teach, you don't
leave the job at school.  You are always bringing home work and you
are constantly dealing with paper work and, especially in special
Ed., filling out forms to make the government happy.  I want a job
that I can leave, without being emotionally frustrated so that I can
still do the church work that I do now, to help  Greg out when he needs me.

Thanks everybody for being patient with me, while I ask questions.
Kathy