Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2008 12:21:35 -0600

Hi All--

I don't wish to cause a controversy here, but less than 5 years ago, people
on this list were bemoaning the fact that celiac disease wasn't making
headlines. In my opinion, we still have a long road ahead before we reach
the recognizable status of diabetes or heart disease. Consequently, I don't
understand why any magazine needs to be abandoned for another. I think
there's plenty of room for more media coverage in the form of magazines
targeting people with allergies/intolerances. Martha Stewart's magazine,
should it actually get off the ground, would be a huge benefit to us by
reaching people who might not ever learn about celiac otherwise.

If I'm not mistaken (and please correct me if I'm wrong), Gluten Free Living
is by subscription only. Who, other than people who have already been
diagnosed or who are in the process, is going to know about this magazine? I
think we have an opportunity to truly publicize food allergies,
intolerances, and celiac disease by supporting the addition of another
publication that deals with the very things we struggle with every day. And
you know Martha...there will be recipes!

My two cents.  ~~Ayn in Alabama

*******
*******