ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2008 17:56:04 -0600
Life Is Hard For Most People

"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one
another in love." Ephesians 4:2.

We should train ourselves to such regard, to such respect for others,
that we shall never hurt the heart of one of God's creatures, even by
a disdainful look!

Our love ought also to be patient. Our neighbor may have his
faults--but we are taught to bear with one another's infirmities. If
we knew the story of men's lives, the hidden loads and burdens which
they are often carrying, the unhealed sore in their heart--we would
have most gentle patience with them. Life is hard for most people;
certainly hard enough without our adding to its burdens by our
censoriousness, our unkindness, our jeering and contempt.

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe
yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and
patience." Colossians 3:12.