ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2008 23:38:23 -0700
Sharon,

Something else came to mind so I later went back and re read your post.  In
your example, the author of that message created a double bind, that is,
there was no way to win.  Satan is a master of the double bind.  Think of
Adam and Eve.  Satan told Eve that not only was God a liar, meaning she
would not surely die, but he compounded the lie by saying, "And you will be
as gods, knowing good and evil."  This is a double bind because it meant, if
Eve didn't eat the fruit, she would not be as God, knowing good and evil,
but if she did, she would be as God.  In other words, Satan attempted to
trap her if she did or if she didn't.  I recently saw this in real life
action.  A lady with whom I was praying, had been to memories relating to
her father molesting her as a child.  She had experienced healing in some
areas prier to this prayer session.  In this particular prayer session,
however, the scenario had been devised by the Enemy that regardless of which
decision she made, she would be committing sin.  The escape God provided her
from the double bind the Enemy had trapped her in was a single word.
Deception.  Satan had deceived her into believing that either way she acted,
she was committing sin and that was a lie.  When she saw the truth and
realized what Satan had done, she was set instantly free.  Her life
immediately, after almost forty decades of shame and guilt and self
incrimination, was miraculously set on a new walk by the truth and power of
God's Word.  Thank God, there is a way of escape.  Like you've heard me say
before, the Enemy never plays fair.  In another message, I'll explain
exactly how such a double bind works and how we can be freed from it.

Phil.