From:
"Paula H." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:47:26 -0400
I started low carb eating on 11/01/1996.  I lost 72 pounds in 18 months.

About 2 years later I switched to mainly paleo.

Over the past 8.5 years I lost another 18 pounds without trying.

I am 5'2" and I weigh 122.  Body fat around 19 %.

I eat meat, fish, eggs,  vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds.  I eat about 50
- 100 carbs a day BUT I do not eat starches or processed foods.  My carbs
come from veggies and fruits and seeds and nuts.  I do practice portion
control with meat since I can eat huge quantities.  I start with about 4
ounces.  If I want more I have it.  Often I find that I do not because I am
eating a lot of bulk in veggies.  I eat all the fat on my meats and I eat
fattier cuts.  I eat whenever I am hungry - usually only twice a day with
maybe one snack.

For exercise I lift weights and walk with some sprinting about 4 times a
week.

Nothing puts weight on me like fats and starches or processed carbs
together.  Also, I agree with Marilyn - don't just run for exercise because
it tears down your muscles.

I only went into this detail about myself in case it was useful for you as a
comparison.  I know we are all different.

Paula H.