BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv that doubts.
Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2007 19:42:08 -0400
Leland Torrence wrote:
> No, I don't know about netflix.  This version of Fear and Loathing is with
> Johnny Dep as the doctor and a large cast of cameo's.  You should rent it,
> then we'll reminisce.

Leland,

Ok that adds up to the confusion in recent conversation re: my
remembering Bill Murray and David remembering Johnny Dep.

The kids use NetFlix... they order a DVD online, it comes in the mail,
when they are finished they mail it back and in the mean time another
DVD is on the way. They are very much in the way of not wanting to go
out of their house when they are home. I think it makes sense as a lot
of the crap of going to Blockbuster turns me off. It saves on our carbon
footprint I imagine as the mail person is going to drive up to our box
to deliver all the junk mail regardless.

On another note, the kids have encouraged me to do our grocery shopping
through Pea Pod... order groceries online and for less than $10.00 they
are delivered to the house. We will see how that works as I have an
order coming tomorrow after Meet the Press. I like that I can read the
ingredient information, particularly the carbohydrate and sugar content.
The system remembers what you have purchased so that on future orders it
is less hassle for selections and fine tuning. My usual stop at the
fresh market for vegetables and to the local Mastic Seafood for fresh
fish compliments the diet. You can order beer for home delivery as
well... and that is here in the sticks of the unHamptons.

I am trying to figure out how to order books from Amazon through my cell
phone. I like that I can now get radar weather images on the cell phone.

][<en