From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2008 12:48:29 -0400
Hi Shaun.

I think you miss my point.  The point is not an issue of letting audio
quality slide as much as it is an issue of problems being less apparent on
SSB than on FM.  FM is pretty unforgiving about so-so microphones, and as a
result, I find that people will comment on audio quality issues on FM that
they never noticed on SSB.  Perhaps the best solution might be a solution
like the Heil microphones that have the DX and ragchew elements.  At least,
it sounds like a good idea, although I have yet to try it.  Truthfully, the
four PF keys on the Kenwood hand microphone is the source of the inertia
that has kept me on that microphone.  I use those PF keys all of the
time--they are actually one of the major features that keeps me using the
TS2000S.  I am still amazed that Kenwood just doesn't get the idea that
they need to create a desk mike with a base that includes the four PF keys.

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]