From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2008 09:52:30 -0400
    Chris:

I have never used the 746 that I have for anything else on 2 meters other
than FM repeater work, and, like you say, I can replace that capability with
one of the other 2-meter rigs I've got around here.

I was figuring something like $800 or $900 for the 746, especially since
it's got the voice chip and 500-hz CW filter in it.

The guy knows it's just a plain 746, so I think I'm ok there.

Adapting things in the shack to another TS480 will take some work, but I
think the greater accessibility I'll get with the TS480 should outweigh any
disadvantages from the switch.

Thanks for your input, and I'll see what others have to say.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ