From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2008 21:05:04 -0400
Hi folks, and happy Easter!

Well, they say that when you get a new rig, you're bound to  have some
unanticipated problems, and guess what, I came up with one today that I flat
out never thought of.

The problem is:  How can I mount the mic for the TMV71A in a mobile
situation without drilling holes?

The XYL and I are thinking of using the TMV71A on several long road trips
this summer, both in the regular family car, and in the RV, and our old way
of hanging the mic for the TMV7A doesn't work with the TMV71A.

With the old TMV7A mic, in order to avoid drilling holes, we just got one of
those "stick on" hooks that you can get at Wall-marts, and simply hung the
mic right onto the hook with the mounting that was already provided at the
top of the stock mic.

Now, with the TMV71A mic, the mounting bracket is a rectangular piece that
slips over a round slotted area in the back of the mic, and the only holes
to work with are two screw holes on one side of the mount, and one on the
other.

Our vehicle is leased, so I'm unable to drill holes.  And, I'd hate to drill
holes in the RV dashboard area, unless I absolutely have to.

Does anyone know of any way to hang the new TMV71A mic onto a hook like I
described for the TMV7A?

I simply can't think of an easy and practical way to do this.

73 from Tom behler:  KB8TYJ