From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2008 11:49:41 -0600
if you can get it outside, or high up in a second story, or attic space,
yes, the diamond x200 will be considerably better then a typical mag mount.
Your transmitted signal will be able to reach out farther and be stronger
further out then with the mag mount.
If you are just going to use local repeaters within 10 miles or so, the mag
mount on a plate or filing cabinet or on top of the fridge will be quite
enough.
If you want to get into and hear repeaters farther away then that, the
diamond x200 or anything with gain will work better.
73
Colin, V A6BKX