From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2008 07:53:01 -0400
Comcast already did in my area. You can still get what they call "analog
cable" which are the same channels as before, but the boxes were all
upgraded 2 or 3 years ago, before I made the switch even, to digital. In
fact, I had a VCR hooked up before the cable box for basic channels and
another after for the digital cable channels and for about 6 months before I
switched my VCR inline before the cable box couldn't get the channels at all
anymore and when I called a friend who worked for comcast at the time, he
told me they went 100% digital in this area and upgraded all the cable boxes
and they got a lot of complaints from people with cable ready TV's that
couldn't take the digital signal. I'm not sure if they did that everywhere
or not but I know everywhere I know of  around me they did.