From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2007 16:41:56 -0600
On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 13:08:16 -0600, C. Kuni <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Nearly three months later, and I am stuck going nowhere and I want at
> least
> another 10 off.
How long have you been on the plateau?  Plateaus happen, and from many
(too many) years experience, the weight you stuck at for a long time going
up is exactly the weight you stick at going down.  If it's been a few
weeks,
just be patient.  I think sometimes the body has to reset itself.  When you
start losing again, it will probably go down several pounds in a short
time.

Of course plateaus that are spiced with "depression carbs" just go on and
on :-)

#1  Be patient
#2  The daily nickel-and-dime carbs will do you in, so stop them.  An
occasional
     carb-load (once a week, perhaps) probably won't hurt.
#3  Don't count grams or calories of anything; that's not paleo.  Stay off
     high-carb foods, eat reasonable portions of meat and ample portions of
     low-carb vegetables (I know some here don't care for vegetables), take
it
     very easy on the fruits and nuts, and you'll do fine.

This may sound like a funny suggestion, but make sure that running is not
your
only form of exercise.  You need to build up muscles in places besides your
legs.  Add some weights to your routine.  Runners often are fairly thin,
but
have deposits of fat that just WON'T go away.

Good luck,
	Lynnet