C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 2009 13:37:32 -0700
Kendall,

Case needs surgery badly again and I am investigating what to do. He
cannot stand still and falls every couple of steps. I only just found
out from my son that when he had the PERCS with Nuzzo almost nothing
was covered and they owe a big bill and cannot consider doing it
again without better coverage. And here's the kicker - - they have
very good insurance compared to most Americans. I for instance have
never had any except for two of my 64 yrs.
I am mad as hell at the Republicans and hope the public option remains.
We are considering SDR with Parks in St Louis and also the muscle
ligament transfers the orthopods in Hawaii at Shriners are talking
about. I am against those because we chelate scar and I think it will
be a problem.
Case was elected Vice President of his school and is enjoying that.
He is 11 now and the surgery lasted about 2 and 1/2 years.
Early this year I traveled out of the country to South America, only
to countries that are friendly to us and in Argentina, Chile, Ecuador
not only do they have free higher education but also better health
care than we have. This is what even poor countries can do for their
citizens when they do not spend everything on war. Chile and
Argentina are fast becoming first world countries. It also felt
incredibly peaceful there compared to here. Of course you know I like
Obama and Case and I went to meet him before he was elected. I have
been disappointed in his Afghan policy and also in his trying so hard
to bring those Reps along. So I was glad he sounded stronger and
firmer last night.