BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv that doubts.
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2007 00:49:52 -0100
I agree on not going down the road though to use sexuality, in any
manner, as a political tool runs various degrees of risk in all
directions regardless of political persuasion. Seems to me that to a
large degree sexual politics is like the Marxist opiate of the masses...
as long as we are in conflict over sexuality then it makes room for a
whole lot worse political behaviour to go on in the shadows. The problem
with Senator Craig as I see it is not if his actions in an airport
bathroom were lewd or not, but in what very strongly appears to have
been his strong desire to cover what he himself may have thought he
should not have been doing. A whole lot of politics is perception. We
tend to suspect that our politicians lie though the majority of them are
likely as decent and honest as anyone can be. The sin for Senator Craig
is in letting down the facade of the perception to cause us to perceive
that our suspicion of politicians being habitual liars, cheats and
thieves may be too true. Last week I could have told you nothing
regarding the politics of Idaho, and in a few weeks nobody will remember
Senator Craig. Now, if we start bombing Iran we may have something
substantive to worry about.

][<en