From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 2008 15:55:17 -0400
If you tin the end of the wire, with small wires like that, you won't have
to hold the solder anymore, the solder used to tin the wire should stick.
Depending on the angle you're working at, and the mic, you probably can hold
what you're working with in there by just putting the mic on a table and
then all you need is to worry about is the wire which you can hold with
needle nose pliers or what ever. If you can't use the mic to hold the switch
inside, which if I'm reading your message right is what you're trying to
rewire for the receive, you might have to get creative but probably not
much. I had to rebuild a mic once and the angle of the switch inside was no
good for soldering to so I actually took vice grips and used them to lay on
the desk, and hold that switch and it worked very well. If CB around your
way is like it is here though, you'll probably be sorry you bothered but it
can be a fun project.