From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Sat, 17 May 2008 09:58:03 -0500
Here is a source for a stand-alone audible frequency counter that
works very well.

I have one of the original's from the Arizona group, and I'm glad to see the
return of this design to the marketplace.

If someone in your local club
likes to melt solder, this one won't take very much time to assemble.

*Note that the audio output is in Morse Code.

There is no talking counter currently available. The last one I knew about
was sold briefly by Amateur Radio Engineering, then by AEA about 15 years
ago.