Date:
Fri, 16 May 2008 23:54:30 -0500
A couple months ago I had the diodes on my ts-2000 replaced for the noise mod.
This amounts to replacing 16 of them.  It cost me about $75.

When I got the rig back I'd had some other work done on it and didn't initially
tell much difference but as I've used the rig I can see that the noise floor on
hf really makes a difference as well as on ssb for 2m and 70cm.  Its not going
to help much with repeaters but I do recommend it if you dx or do other weak
signal work on ssb.  Otherwise its probably not going to help you much but
personally I think it was money very well spent.  It seems to cause me a bit of
rf on 75m but that may just be a poor solder somewhere and I've avoided it with
a bit of shielding in my microphone.

Tom

Tom Brennan  KD5VIJ, CCC-A/SLP
web page http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html