From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2008 16:33:41 -0600
seems to me, that it would be more logical, and much more user friendly if
icom had engineered that particular programming function by using the
call/tv/weather button, and utilizing the same method as with the MR button,
press and hold for one long, one short, select your call channel, press and
hold for two more beeps, and done...but they had to make it slightly more
confusing then that of course.
you've got the right instructions though.
Of course, the manual is a bit vague on this and I can see how someone might
get confused or be unable to program it by the manuals explanation...unless
i was missing something in the manual that is.

Doesn't kenwood just make it easy and use the call button, pressed and
held,  to store the call frequency into the call channel?
Seems to make sence to me.
73
Colin, V A6BKX