From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:31:41 -0400
The screw is the same one that the braid to the coax connects to.  On the
base of the antenna, just below the fiberglass insulator.   Above the
fiberglass is the screw to which the center conductor of the coax and one
end of the small matching coil attaches, and the screw below the fiberglass
is where you attach the braid of the coax and the other end of the small
matching coil.  This lower screw is  where you attach your radials and any
other ground connection.

14 or even 16 ga. is fine.  Insulated should last longer, but buy whatever
you can find cheap.    Even regular house wiring.  Just strip off the outer
sheath, and inside you will have 3 wires, white and black insulated and one
bare copper. Use  them  all and have fun. Even a 50 length of  3 conductor
house wire will give you 6 25 ft radials.  A good start.