From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2007 21:15:07 -0500
    Steve and all:

Well, I tried transmitting on various power levels, including 5 watts, and
the hum was still there, although it was somewhat less noticeable on 5
watts.  I also tried farther separating the power supply from the radio, and
plugging the power supply into another outlet, but the hum still persisted.
Again, the hum is not unbearable--it's just noticeable if you listen closely
when the rig is keyed.

I'm starting to conclude that this is all normal for this type of power
supply.  So, I tried the ultimate "low tech" solution of them all;  I put
the supply on a computer mouse pad on my ham desk, and the noise almost
became unnoticeable.  So, I think I'm just going to leave it that way for
now.

If the supply or radio ran hot, I'd re-think my strategy, but so far, things
run very very cool.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ