BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The listserv that doubts your pants are worth $42 million." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2007 09:02:46 -0400
From:
"Brian Robinson (CONTRACT)" <[log in to unmask]>
inline
Ilene,

It will keep as quicklime as long as you keep moisture away. A 5 gallon bucket with a good gasket will do the trick.  If you leave the shells in the kiln overnight and dew or high humidity get to them you will partially slake your material. Not good...that is why I stoked the kiln and covered it for the night. It made an improvised oven which kept things dry.

Yep...it is ready to use as is...just depends on what you want to use it for. It gets hard pretty quickly. I made a baseball size blob and it set up nicely in 48 hours. We kind of rubbed it all over ourselves in a pagan celebration. Simeon Warren wrote a song about the "Cult of Lime" based on Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire". Lots of happiness all around.

As far as who keeps what...I don't have room in my car for all the stuff so it will stay here. What they do with it...no idea...maybe spread it on their bagels....

Brian