Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2008 20:48:10 -0400
Tom,

The scan limits are stored in one of 10 memory pairs which are designated as
L0 U0, L1 U1, on up through L9 U9.  So if you store 144.000 MHz in L0 and
147.900 MHz in U0, you can then scan that frequency range with VFO Scan.
Actually, it doesn't matter which pair you use; the radio checks all the
pairs and if the frequency range stored in any one of them matches the
current operating range of the VFO, that's where the scan occurs.

I'm assuming you don't have the software with you, so I'll tell you how to
find those memory pairs using the front panel of the radio.  After you enter
a frequency into the VFO, press the Function button and rotate the tuning
knob counter-clockwise until you hear the low beep, and the speech announces
"Memory 0."  One more click of the knob in the same direction brings you to
the memory pairs, which will be announced as "Up 9", "Low 9", etc.  When you
get to the memory you want, just press the Memory button or the Tuning knob
to store the frequency.  At some point, you might want to set up pairs for
different sections of the bands, although I don't know if that's as much an
issue in your area as it is here in New England.  Incidentally, I believe
that the scanning step is determined by the step size in the VFO, but I'm
not entirely sure of that.  All of this is covered in detail in the manual.

Steve