Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 May 2008 10:18:46 -0600
as for the more that you have in one radio the more that can go wrong with
it, not so much anymore.
All the modern radios have everything intigrated....meaning everything sort
of coexists and works together.
The older rigs that had modules to control all the different bands and
functions certainly were prone to problems within the separate sections.
But essentially, if something is going to go wrong these days, the whole
radio is effected and it has nothing to do with the fact that there is more
crammed on to the circuit boards.
Especially the little HT's.  It doesn't matter if you have a micro ht that
only works on 2 metres, or you have a micro ht that works on four bands, the
components are largely similar other then more chips and higher processing
power in the quad bander.
73
Colin, V A6BKX