Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2008 06:23:33 +0100
7bit
From:
David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Hi:

I have re-wired 3 houses with minimal sighted help.

When buying the cable (which is flat in the U.K.) I stripped the insulation
off the live conductor while in the store.
I then knew which was the live as I took it from the reel.
Before cutting it, I made a nick in the outer insulation with a Stanley
knife on the live side, and when removing the outer insulation, stripping
the live again thus always having a point of reference.

On occasions, I have lost my system, but easy to resolve by just stripping
one of the wires, retaining the insulation and asking in a shop or bar, or
even someone at work what the colour is.

David