Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 2008 10:32:27 -0700
7bit
From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
If you don't mind spending a little more than you would for an Ameritron
which I've found to be not very reliable, I would recommend either of the
solid state offerings from Tokyo Hy-Power.  I have the HL-1KFX which is the
smaller and simpler of the two.  It puts out a good 600 watts on all bands
and has only three controls to worry about--of/on, band/range selector and
metering.  Since I don't use the metering, that only makes two items to
think about using the amp.  On top of that, the service from Tokyo Hy-Power
was excellent when I did have a problem and even though a new module was
sent, I was never charged for it.  I don't know about U.S. service now that
HRO handles these but I would swear by this amp.  Their bigger version which
I hope to own someday is the HL-1.5KFX and will put out a cool 1kw to the
antenna from what I understand.  It also has facilities to control the amp
frequency range from your radio.

I don't know what current costs are on either of these but am guessing the
HL-1KFX is still in the $1500 to $1600 range while the HL-1KFX is probably
in the $2500 range.  Well worth the money though.

Good luck and very 73.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX