Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2008 19:23:21 -0400
Hi,
I've used both the $10 crimping tool and the power crimping tool from West
Mountain radio that costs $50.  Though I was able to crimp the Anderson
connectors with the cheap tool, the crimp was not as tight as each
successive crimp to round the pin would slightly loosen the crimp made by
the previous step. I had many more failed connections than with the power
crimper.  In fact, I've never had a problem with a connection made with the
power crimper.  It is really worth it.
Another thing that I just learned at the ham fest that I just attended last
Saturday, was that Anderson power poles have many more uses than power
connections.  One ham told me about how he connects his balanced line fed
antenna to his tuner, you guest it, with power poles.  He uses three
connector shells with the middle one blank and in one second he can
disconnect his antenna and then ground his antenna with another set of
grounded power poles.  This idea sounds GREAT to me and I'm going to do that
same thing here with in the next few days.
73
Bob, [log in to unmask], K8LR
Skype name:  bobtinn
Live Long and Prosper!