Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2008 10:12:44 -0400
Not necessarily, on vacation and some special events I've set my go kit at,
I run no RF grounding at all, as long as the antenna is tuned, with a tuner
or it's good to begin with, you shouldn't have any RFI problems, I never did
anyway. I only have the mfj artificial ground here in the house and that
works pretty well though I might have fried it when I had the amp by
mistake, I haven't checked but I don't have any problems other than the
usual problems from some MC-60a's which I know how to fix I just haven't
done it yet. My TS-520 I run no ground on and as long as the antenna's
tuned, I have no problems. Get up around 2:1, you'll see it with that radio
but any better and I generally don't. I've thought about going to the water
pipe which is pretty close to right behind my radio desk, but this setup has
worked now for almost 10 years, I'm afraid to change it. Only RFI I get is
from that stupid MC-60A and I'll either do the mod to fix that someday, or
I'll get something better when I have the money which is more likely what
will happen. Right now the wire run to the EQ box is a temporary fix for
that.