Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2008 08:46:47 -0800
7bit
From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Bobby,

I want to begin by saying that although I have an external tuner, I try to
keep my antennas close enough to resonance that I don't need a lot of range
on a tuner.  If your antenna is so far out of resonance that you can't tune
it with the tuner in the 480, then probably you're losing as much signal
going up the coax as you're putting out and that certainly isn't desirable.

Second, if I need an external tuner, I haven't found any, including the LDG
AT-1000, which will run high power from an amp and have much more range and
tuning ability than the tuner in the rig.

My external tuner is the Tentec 238B.  This is an L network manual tuner
which came out on top some years back in a QST product comparison.  It will
handle anything I can throw at it and I haven't' found anything yet that it
won't tune.  It's built like a tank and I would recommend it to anyone.
With the LDG TW1 watt meter's SWR setting I can bring the SWR to absolute
zero with no problem at all.

Good luck in your quest and very 73.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX