THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Holly Jagger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 07:19:42 -0500
Listers,
Already having two endocrine diagnoses (Premature Ovarian Failure dx
'84; Primary Adrenal Insufficiency dx '94), my endocrinologist guided me
to the point of accepting a trial of Synthroid to see if my symptoms
abate.  I am on my third week of 25 mcg synthroid, and then will double
it.  Bloodwork will guide us after that, as I understand.

I would like some input regarding time of day, interactions, etc.
Here's my schedule as of now:

5:30 AM Take Synthroid with some water, back to sleep for a bit.
6:30 AM Eat breakfast  (usually have my coffee before the hour is up)
7:00 to 7:30 AM Take other medications, including my replacement
steroids, mineralocorticoid, and also take my 2 morning FiberCon.

I cut out my early morning calcium, since I read of the effect on
thyroid medication.  Calcium, Iron, Metamucil as I understand, should
not be taken at the same time as the synthroid.  Others?  Also, how long
after I take Synthroid can I take my calcium, etc.?

Food to avoid--raw broccoli, walnuts, soy.  Could someone please add to
this list for me?

Thanks for your input
Holly

 If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, *your* message may not be distributed.

Question not answered on Thyroid? Check the Thyroid Archives:
  http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
 and ask again!