EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Equal Access to Software & Information <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2006 18:55:53 -0700
Pranav, you can emboss this on a Tiger embossser and get the
graphics, but the text will be just images.  No way to turn text to
braille in a PDF with graphics except by sighted intervention.

However you could use IVEO Creator to make an IVEO SVG file, emboss a
copy, and read using that copy and  a touch pad.  The image and text
emboss the same, but the text now speaks when you press it.

I know - all you need is for somebody to furnish that equipment.  But
there's no other way to do things like this.  Which is a lot better
than a situation before IVEO and Tiger embossers existed!

John

At 08:48 AM 6/19/2006, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Is there a way to Braille print and untagged PDF file that has imbedded
>graphics? I have a few PDF files that I need to read. These files contain
>float charts. Some of these float charts are in the form of embedded
>graphics while others have text that is connected by different arrows.
>Though I can read the text in these charts, I am unable to see the arrows
>sow I cannot fully understand the diagram.
>
>The only way out I see is to Braille print these files. Are there any
>alternatives?
>
>Note:
>contacting the author of the PDF file and asking him to send a tag version
>is not an option.
>
>Pranav

John A. Gardner
Professor and Director, Science Access Project
Department of Physics
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97331
tel: (541) 737 3278