ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 11 Oct 2008 00:38:15 -0400
I am a real mess.  When I first signed the complaint last Saturday at the
Jail.  He phoned me from another part of the jail.  He asked me to "get him
out".  He called me a couple times while I was going home and we argued.
After which, his calls were collect.  I don't have a conventional home
phone, rather I have a cell phone.  If one has such a phone, one must set up
an account with a third party provider to be able to accept those calls.
After a couple unsuccessful attempts to call me, it took a while for me to
figure out this separate account plan that was in place he stopped trying to
call at all.  His last call was Tuesday evening.  I found he was to be
released Monday morning.  I arranged for the community transit to pick me up
Sunday to visit him at the jail.  In order to get optimal service one must
schedule a ride at least 5 days in advance.  I got a post from someone on
another list from which I asked for prayer that his charges may have been
dropped.  I called this morning from work to determine the status of those
charges.  They told me he had been transferred to another facility in
another suburb.  Of course, it was too late for me to reschedule a ride and
to be sure of service.  I called that jail.  They told me my son would have
to make an appointment to visit me before they would allow me to see him.
The only way he could do this would be for him to make a collect call to me.
I refused to accept those calls earlier in the week.  So, I don't think he
will even attempt such a call.  I gave him a bus pass but I gave it to the
property person at the jail where he originally was.  He doesn't know he has
a bus pass.  The buses at his new facility are nearly nonexistent.  I called
his cell today to find it is dead.  So with no money he wouldn't even be
able to call the "ride line" to find out when or if there were any busses to
take him to familiar ground.  He doesn't even know he isn't permitted back
to the house.  I arranged with someone to drive me to give him a calling
card  so he can arrange a visit Sunday.  I then will arrange with my friend
to pick him up Monday morning.  I was just trying to give him some tough
love when I refused his collect calls.  I said I would not pay a cent to
help him or to have him call so we can argue on the phone.  Look where that
has gotten us both.  I suppose I am not a very good parent after all.  I am
just glad I called the jail where he originally was this morning else I
would have gone there to find him gone with no way at such a late date to
even go to pick him up at the new facility.
He would have been stuck there with no way to get to a familiar spot.  Our
Lord has just got to help me.  I am not eating because I am not hungry.  The
thought f food makes me sick.  I can hardly work, and my previously fine
mobility skills are just going down the toilet because of the stress.